New apheresis platform coming soon
The new apheresis device APRΞD* (available soon) will provide state-of-the-art, convenient access to selected extracorporeal therapies. In addition to this, Fresenius Medical Care also supports apheresis techniques on several other platforms.
Not all products and services are cleared or available for sale in all EU countries. Check your country web site for details.
* Legal manufacturer of APRΞD is MEDICA S.P.A., Italy. Fresenius Medical Care Deutschland GmbH is a distributor of APRΞD in selected countries.
Whole blood treatment and plasma filtration
Art Universal is a platform suitable for treatment with DALI Adsorber** and MONET Plasma Fractionator. Furthermore, it enables plasma separation for certain adsorption procedures, particulary those using the GLOBAFFIN adsorber.
The Art Universal machine is equipped with a whole-blood pump, an ACD‑A (citrate) anticoagulant pump, a plasma pump and an ancillary pump used for flushing and regenerating the MONET Plasma Fractionator (lipoprotein filter). The syringe pump is specifically intended for heparin anticoagulation.
The user interface is simple and effective. Several procedural steps are either automated or flagged up by prompts, thus simplifying handling and reducing user errors. Built-in process safety checks maintain high safety levels, monitoring that the machine is correctly set up.
Art Universal supports the following protocols and procedures:
- Whole blood apheresis (DALI kits, available with four different adsorber configurations, software with two different protocol settings: DALI Standard and DALI Low Citrate)
- Plasma fractionation (MONET Plasma Fractionator), primarily used in lipoprotein filtration with automated, pressure-triggered rinsing of the plasma fractionator
- Plasma separation to supply adsorption procedures, particularly the GLOBAFFIN regenerable adsorber, which is controlled by a separate adsorption monitor (ADAsorb)
* Art Universal is no longer manufactured. Spare parts are available.
** DALI 500 Adsorber and DALI 750 Adsorber
Immunoadsorption monitor for GLOBAFFIN
The ADAsorb machine, manufactured by medicap clinic GmbH, is a secondary plasma processing device, particularly suited for supporting regenerable single and twin adsorber column systems. Twin adsorber systems allow for parallel treatment and regeneration cycles and offer increased adsorption capacity at a reduced extracorporeal volume, as compared to single-pass single adsorbers.
ADAsorb automatically adapts to the plasma supply provided by a range of different plasma separation devices, including Art Universal. ADAsorb is equipped with a touch screen monitor that displays every step of the procedure, facilitating transparent operation of the machine. The ADAsorb safety system includes several automated routines that help to reduce user effort as well as user errors.
From the Fresenius Medical Care range of adsorbers, ADAsorb currently supports GLOBAFFIN.
Legal manufacturer: medicap clinic GmbH, Germany
1 Waitz G et al. Ther Apher Dial 2022; doi: 10.1111/1744-9987.13840