Enhancing quality in access management
The Twister flow device disposable allows for the reversal of flow directions without having to disconnect the blood lines from the patient’s access, therby saving time without the risk of blood exposure or infection.3
Potential benefits of the new Access Flow Monitor:
- Easy assessment of the quality of vascular access with conductivity-based technology
- Easy detection of vascular access flow changes
- Support of compliance with recommendations from guidelines: The European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS) recommends regular monitoring by flow measurement of vascular access2
- Easy and user guided operation
- Direct cost savings with fully integrated and non-invasive technology
Explore more about the Access Flow Monitor in this video:
* 6008 CAREsystem consists of the hemodialysis system 6008 and the associated 6008 CAREset
1 Badr, B., Bories, P., Marais, R., et al. Hemodial Int: 18, 127-135, 2014. Transonic, thermodilution, or ionic dialysance to manage vascular access:
Which method is best? Hemodial Int: 18, 127-135, 2014.
2 Gallieni M., Hollenbeck M., Inston N., et al., Clinical practice guideline on peri- and postoperative care of arteriovenous fistulas and grafts for
haemodialysis in adults. Nephrol Dial Transplant: 34, ii1-ii42, 2019.
3 Lee, J. Y., Park, E. J., et al. Use of blood temperature monitor with Twister device for the surveillance of vascular access in maintenance hemodialysis: Comparison with Doppler ultrasonography .The Journal of Vascular Access: 2021 Mar;22(2):218-224