PD is a patient-centric therapy
Patient-centric approaches have been shown to empower patients, enhance their well-being, improve the quality of care, and add to health systems’ sustainability.1
Combining dialysis homecare with digital solutions may be a crucial factor in supporting the concept of the right modality for the right patient at the right time to provide value-based renal care.
Expect more from us
CAPD monitoring and support
Once therapy has started, we offer a wide range of tools and services aiming to improve outcomes, reduce your workload and increase patient compliance.
- A simple ordering process in combination with personal phone support ensure that patients can order materials anytime and anywhere
- The delivery service ensures that PD solutions and disposables are delivered straight to your patient’s doorstep
- The PD travel service enables patients to continue travelling as the required goods are directly sent to the patient’s holiday destination*
- Streamlined PD therapy management through easy accessibility to therapy information via our PatientOnLine tool
*The service is not available in all countries. The availability of the service and products must be clarified before planning or booking a vacation.
PD management software designed for your team
- Individual prescription support
- Treatment results & analysis
- Patient follow-up by in-depth overview
Simplifying PD management
Fresenius Medical Care’s PatientOnLine software simplifies PD therapy management. It is designed to support clinical decision making and increase team efficiency by improving accessibility to patient therapy information. Evidence-based prescription modelling and intuitive reporting assist you in achieving PD adequacy goals by allowing individually tailored treatment prescriptions.
The displayed modelling results are based on a mathematical model and should only be regarded as a guide. Therapeutic decisions must never be made solely based on these calculations. The deployment of any PD treatment regimen remains the responsibility of the attending physician.
PatientOnLine as a tool to enhance clinical workflows
PatientOnLine integrates PD therapy processes with clinical assessment tools that fit easily into your daily routine. This software changes the way patient data supports the clinical workflow, giving you a complete overview and control of all peritoneal dialysis components:
- Quality assurance & testing
- Follow-up, reports & statistics
- Treatment results & analytics
- Individual prescription & modelling
Better understand current patient condition
Adequate dialysis has a significant impact on patient outcome. PatientOnLine assists you in achieving adequate dialysis by quickly summarizing the vast amounts of patient-specific parameters needed to create and assess a prescription. PatientOnLine provides clinical information that facilitates your decision-making and is designed to optimize treatment approach for the benefit of the patient.
With PatientOnLine you may:
- Determine the suitable treatment modality for your patients
- Individualize your patients’ CAPD or APD treatments
- Use the prescription-modelling tool to simulate if your patients can reach dialysis targets
- Navigate through large amounts of detailed medical information required to analyze current patient status
- Simulate your prescriptions to eliminate the trial & error phase
- Use the software for multiple modalities (CAPD, APD or a combination of both)
- Bring transparency to current patient status by factoring in the adequacy test results of your choice (Peritoneal Function Test (PFT) or Peritoneal Equilibration Test (PET) + 24h batch collection)
Simulate your decisions via prescription modelling
PatientOnLine may support your decision-making process by simulating the outcome of proposed changes before they are made.
The approach you take is entirely up to you
Designed to work with you, PatientOnLine gives you options. You can create a new prescription or use prescription modelling in order to assess the potential outcome of an existing one.
You can choose between:
- enter your desired dialysis targets and PatientOnLine will generate a prescription or
- enter a prescription and PatientOnLine will provide you with an estimation of possible dialysis outcomes
Caring for your patients takes time – managing clinical information shouldn’t
|All information needed in one place||PatientOnLine delivers a specialized PD management solution for the entire renal care team. It is designed around the workflow of your clinical staff, giving them fast, easy access to important patient data. This may allow the clinical team to spend less time managing the data and more time focusing on patient care.|
|Features for clinical team members:|| |
|Device integration aims to save time|| |
Clinical staff can transfer and update patient information in the PatientOnLine software application using the patient card of the APD cycler or the BCM (Body-Composition Monitor).
Transform patient data into comprehensive statistical reports
Performing statistical analysis does not have to be a time-consuming or challenging task. PatientOnLine software quickly generates needed statistical analysis, allowing you to extrapolate vital information needed for continual therapy improvement and scientific research:
- Statistical information means that your medical team can refine their therapeutic decisions and objectively choose between various strategies
- Understand current patient condition by analyzing the trend of key medical parameters such as renal function, clearances and nutritional status
- Evaluate individual patients or your entire patient population to identify how many are reaching adequacy targets and other parameters
- Create performance related reports for clinical benchmarking, such as infection rate analysis. This statistical analysis gives you the chance to investigate and initiate new research topics
Advanced features – more options
Single patient statistics – trends:
- Residual kidney function
- Nutritional status
- Laboratory data
Statistics for groups of patients:
- Flexible, user-defined criteria for creating patient groups
- Histograms – distribution of patients for a certain parameter
- Cross-correlations – dependencies between various medical parameters
Committed to service and support
To help improve clinical effectiveness Fresenius Medical Care offers complimentary services for PatientOnLine implementation and ongoing support.
Our local support teams are trained to work with your technical and clinical staff to make the PatientOnLine software available for you and meet your clinical needs.
1 European Commission, Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, The Council, The European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions on enabling the digital transformation of health and care in the Digital Single Market 2018